Hi everybody out there!
Today I am excited to announce the first stable release of Melany.
As I told you before, this comes after the theme reviewers accepted it for being uploaded and published on the WordPress Theme Directory, so basically you can install Melany directly from the WordPress built-in theme search feature or by visiting the Theme Directory.
This is a huge step and I learned a lot of stuffs. But what does that mean from your point of view? You have a new good theme available. The quality is granted by the review, the beauty is subjective, therefore if you like minimalism and simplicity give it a try.
Here is the features available:
- Two-column layout, with a sidebar on the right
- Logo, site name and description at the top of the sidebar on desktop, under the navigation bar on smaller screens
- Navigation menu with two-levels deep dropdown
- Designed with Twitter Bootstrap, giving a pure Bootstrap experience
- Customize logo and favicon in Appearance > Customize
- Customize background color and image in Appearance > Customize (at your own risk!)
- Add custom styles with the built-in editor in Appearance > Editor
- Support to some Jetpack features
- Languages: English
Now I’m working on a new huge release which will bring a revamped design along with a number of useful features, including:
- Revamped design with Twitter Bootstrap 3.0
- Responsive search form in the header
- Author avatar and bio under articles in single post view
- Better translation support (and new languages too)
- Improved 404 page
You can expect it to come in quite a pair of months as there’s a lot to do and that’s just a hobby. Be sure to follow the updates here on my blog and feel free to contribute through the GitHub repo!